Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tails of the Rat

Today I saw my first rat.  I was completely calm and rational about it...

That's a bold-faced lie.  I totally flipped out.  

First, let's discuss what he did not look like
Aww.  Ratatouille!
 
 Rizzo :)

Jaq and Gus Gus

No, no...  I saw this guy's twin brother:

Plague-Carrying Demon, Spawn of Satan, Rodent

Now if only I had a giant marble, bathtub, plastic shoe, bucket, and a rubber band...


I suppose I could be over reacting.  In all fairness, the rat was outside, and across the street posing no immediate threat to me or Buster.  I guess I should have a teensy bit of empathy for the guy, I mean in the Chinese horoscope sense, I, too, am a Rat.  As a matter of fact, 2008 is the "Year of the Rat".  Maybe he was having himself a celebratory parade for which he was the grand marshall... awww, okay, Rat.  You win.  You stay on your side of the street and I'll stay on mine.  We Rats only have until January 25th, and then it's the Ox's year. Rats!      

1 comment:

Frau Schmidt said...

Chicago rats are gross. But leave them alone and they'll leave you alone, in my experience! Just make sure your puppy watches out for rat poison buried near dumpsters...

London mice, however, are adorable. Waiting for the tube in the evening if you look down on under the tracks there is usually a mouse skittering around. Disgusting, right? In the home of the plague? No thanks! But I found myself uttering an involuntary "awwww" at a tube mouse the other day.

Your Chicago blog is adorable :)