Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Goodbye Sally, Hello Petunia.

I made it.  Chi-town is mine for the taking.  Watch out Oprah- there's a new ambitious, black woman in town... and then there's me.    

Day #1: Buster's Great Escape.  
Buster made a break for it.  While Mom, Dad, and I were moving boxes up the stairs and into the apartment, Buster saw his window of opportunity and bolted.  My fuzzy-faced little guy scrambled through the gap in my porch fence, down the hall, down the stairs, across the parking lot, and squeezed through the only hole in a chain-linked fence.  As it turns out, my Dad is actually (insert your favorite superhero here).  In a flash, Dad was in the parking lot; hopping the chain-linked fence like a 16 yr old hoodlum running from the cops.  Buster was captured and returned safely to my new abode.  A not-so inexpensive trip to Home Depot and Petsmart was made.  The loft is now a Canine's Alcatraz; even Lassie would be screwed.  

"Mustang Sally, you better slow that Mustang down..."
One of the perks of Sarah's awesome loft is its garaged parking spot.  Holy cow. The spot alone is a tight squeeze, but factor in the 3 cement pillars, brick wall, and other cars and I might as well be playing parking mine-sweeper.  *x-ed out exploded, frownie-face*.  Sally, my aptly named Mustang, in all of her sleek, baby blue beauty, could barely fit.  At a 187.5 inches in length... it just wasn't happening.  Another not-so inexpensive trip, this time to Carmax, has brought me the joy of Petunia- my neon green VW Bug.  Petunia is 160 inches long, a far less-wide.  Her previous owner suped her up, so she's extra sassy under the hood.  

IKEA. 
I put together my dresser, bookshelf, tv stand, and bed... If I ever have to look at another long, flat, over-sized  IKEA box of nonsense, it will be too soon.

 I conquered IKEA and therefore I can do anything.

Peace, Chicago.

1 comment:

George said...

I'm glad you started this blog....otherwise I'd have no idea what was going on in your life.