Sunday, November 9, 2008

All bundled-up.












One of my favorite things about Chicago is getting all bundled up in cutesie sweaters, coats, tights, jackets, thermal underwear, gloves, hats, and scarves.  (Okay, I lied.  There is nothing "cutesie" about thermal underwear).  I've discovered that there is an art to layering up.  One carelessly layered sweater and you're not only unfashionable;  you're in a thermal straight-jacket.

I'm particularly proud of this little ensemble because it is what I wore the first time someone asked ME for directions.  That's right... I'm blending it.  Watch out.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Absolutely adorable. I'm glad you're staying warm! :)

George said...

I kind of feel like asking you for directions too, in that outfit. That big coat is where it's at!
Glad you're figuring out how to stay warm. I would probably die if I moved to Chicago this time of year. I'd be trying to go out in jeans and a t-shirt all the time. Oh, and flip-flops. I don't suppose those are too popular in Chicago in November.

nicki said...

bundling up in cute winter wear is my favorite thing! who says you can't have style when wearing five layers of clothing?
anyway, as i was reading your blogs, the smile on my face grew wider and wider. it totally takes me back. and i am so happy for you that you're following your dream.
plus, i'm a little jealous of your view. i had wall to wall buildings to stare at during my morning coffee. can't wait to read your next chapter!

Unknown said...

ou're figuring out the art of layering, it's key :)

Unknown said...

um for some reason that didn't work right. what i meant to say was...

could you be any cuter? i'm glad you're figuring out the art of layering - it's key :)

Janelle said...

Ah, layering, I know it well from snow skiing. Can actually get warm -- at times when the wind isn't blowing! Good luck with that! I believe you are in the "windy" city!